Marketing intern will learn the basics of radio marketing and participate in execution of strategic marketing tactics.
Provide support to marketing department including event management, web editing and writing.
Director of Marketing and PR is responsible for overseeing the intern.
- Organize and write Public Service Announcements
- Write press releases regarding station events and special programs
- Update website
- Help with ongoing events
- Update our media list
- Other duties as assigned
The work done by the intern will contribute directly to the growth of Capital Public Radio's audience. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about basic communications planning, execution and evaluation.
Computer Skills: Familiar with Word, Excel, Microsoft Access and web editing
Experience making phone calls to business professionals.
Candidates should be able to work up to 10 hours per week and be available some weekends or evenings.
To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio. Interviews for finalists will be set up after these materials are received.
Your cover letter should include:
- What internship opportunity you are applying for.
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition please include your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Please provide a current resume.
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826