Operations intern will learn the basics of radio operations, program acquisition, audio editing, continuity production, planning and promotion.
Provide operational support to programming and digital content departments, production and operations. The internship will focus on digital archiving and stream production
Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the intern.
Daily work activities include producing, editing and recording audio and text promos for network programs, trimming and editing network program material for automated playback and creation and maintenance of production-music beds. Weekly archiving and posting of music programs for online listening.
The work done by the intern will contribute directly to the on air sound of Capital Public Radio. The production music beds created will be used on the air for many different projects in the years to come. The weekly archiving and posting of music shows will allow the listeners of Capital Public Radio to find and listen to high-quality audio streams of their favorite shows. The end result is posted at www.capradio.org/ondemand
The ideal intern will have advanced computer experience and have strong verbal communications skills. Mastery of the Windows operating system a plus. Experience with audio editing software a plus.
Candidates should be able to work up to 10 hours per week, with at least 2 hours required on Monday mornings.
To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio. Interviews for finalists will be set up after these materials are received.
Your cover letter should include:
- What internship opportunity you are applying for.
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition please include your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Please provide a current resume.
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826