• NEWS 90.9 KXJZ Sacramento
  • 90.5 KKTO Tahoe/Reno
  • 91.3 KUOP Stockton
  • 88.1 KQNC Quincy
  • MUSIC 88.9 KXPR Sacramento
  • 91.7 KXSR Groveland/Sonora
  • 88.7 KXJS Sutter/Yuba City

Judge Files Lawsuit After Courtroom Attack



Share | |
(Sacramento, CA)
Friday, March 5, 2010
In a lawsuit filed this week, former judge Cinda Fox says the department's negligence gave 29-year-old David Paradiso the opportunity to strike. Paradiso lunged at Fox with a six-inch metal spike as he was leaving the witness stand in March of last year. A Lodi police detective fatally shot Paradiso, and Fox escaped with minor injuries.

Fox's attorney, Albert Ellis, says his client deserves an explanation about what caused the breakdown in security.

“Despite the fact that there were security people in the courtroom he was able to come from a sitting position and attack the judge. These are questions that obviously deal with the security of the courtroom. We feel that the Sheriff’s Department didn’t meet the standards that should be minimally set for providing that protection.”

The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department declined to comment on the lawsuit.

But Sheriff Steve Moore has said his department’s report on the matter has already been submitted to the county District Attorney’s Office.
 
We Get Support From:
Become a Supporter

We Get Support From:

Become a Supporter