This trip is sold out.
Call 800-723-8454 to be added to the wait list.
Early-bird deadline (up to $500 in discounts): May 1, 2019
Take a leap and join this 12-day adventure to Croatia. Explore the country’s capital city of Zagreb and then fly south to the walled city of Dubrovnik. Our journey continues to the sunny Dalmatian Islands where you will cruise from island to island on board the newly launched, first-class MV Avangard. With a capacity of just 36 guests, this is small-ship cruising at its best. Open-air markets, ancient seaside towns, Roman ruins, Venetian palaces, wine tastings and garden visits all await your arrival.
Trip At A Glance
- 12 days/11 nights
- All transportation during the trip is covered
- All breakfasts plus 11 additional multi-course traditional meals
- All gratuities for the Earthbound Expeditions guide and driver are covered
- Time zone: Zagreb, Croatia (GMT +2) or 9 hours ahead of Sacramento
- Weather: Average September temperature is 56 to 71 degrees Fahrenheit
- Elevation: 518 feet in Zagreb, Croatia
A Few Journey Highlights
Walking tour of Zagreb to visit museums, markets and other well-known sites
Cable car ride to Sro Mountain in Dubrovnik for scenic view of Elaphiti Islands
See Krka National Waterfall Park
Visit Hvar, the longest island in the Adriatic known for its lush lavender fields
Tour Benedictine monastery, abbey and church in Dubrovnik from the 12th century
Why Explore with CapRadio?
Travel with CapRadio’s president and general manager, Rick Eytcheson
Pre-trip party and orientation hosted at CapRadio’s headquarters including a station tour and backyard organic garden
Great way to meet like-minded travelers and public radio lovers
The Nitty Gritty
$5,399 per person when one cabin, double occupancy, Lower Deck
$ 5,999 per person when one cabin, double occupancy, Main Deck
- Limited single cabins. See Earthbound Expedition website for details.
- Lower deck cabins are larger than main deck cabins and have two large portholes
- Reserve your space by the early-bird deadline of May 1, 2019: Save $300
- Pay your final balance by check: Save $100
- Past traveler with Earthbound or CapRadio Leadership Circle: Save $100>
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Port fees
- Gratuities for ship staff
- Anything else not listed
Optional group flight information will be available October 2018