On June 30, the Sacramento City Council approved a program offering $7.5 million in grants to help recovery in the city’s arts, creative economy and tourism industry.
This money is available for artists, arts and culture nonprofits and creative businesses that have faced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis. The grants can cover expenses directly related to mandated COVID-19 business closures, as well as to fund general operating expenses during the closures, to purchase personal protective equipment or other equipment for businesses and to reimburse artists for lost gigs and other work due to the closure.
Applications must be submitted by July 22 at 11:59 p.m. If you’re planning to apply, here are some resources from the city to help you through the process:
- A series of webinars on different aspects of the application process:
- An FAQ sheet on applying for these grants
- A grant writing workshop on Thursday, July 16 at 5:30 p.m. with Katie McCleary
- 15-30 minute one-on-one sessions with staff and grant-writing mentors to help those working on applications. You can see what dates and times are available here.
- If you still have questions, you can email [email protected] for assistance.